Sep 11, 2007

911

New York was one of the places I visited during my travel after SEP, and the WTC memorial & museum left a deep impression on me. Almost everyone who went in shed a few tears. I still remember a quote by the wife of a firefighter chief (who was one of the first few who went up the towers to help)

"When I saw them [the towers] collapse,
I immediately grabbed the dust*
for he was in it"



View of Manhattan from the 100th floor of Empire State Building

"How empty."
My first thought when I saw the WTC site,
in comparison to the view from Empire state building


To Those who Fell & to Those who Carry on
Engraving depicting 911

"And I’m proud to be an American,
where at least I know I’m free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me."
(God bless the U.S.A by Lee Greenwood)

The first time I heard this song was during American Idol 2
It came to my mind when I saw this tribute to the 343 fallen heroes

*the vast cloud of dust caused by the collapse of the towers