Mar 27, 2007

Updates!!!

Hi people!!! It has been some time since I last blogged. I've been busy with...
1. Playing a host when Terence & his friend, James came down from arizona to play
2. Xinyi's suprise bday party
3. Exams
4. Flying off to Georgia to find my dearest Bro!!

(I will be uploading the photos of events 1 & 2 later as I left my thumbdrive back in SanDiego)

Exams in UCSD are a killer, not content-wise but time-wise. All their exams are 3 hrs long!!! Initially, I thought that the papers could be completed in a shorter time frame (2 hrs or so), but I sat through the full 3 hrs for 2 of my exams. 3hrs of pure mental activity nearly drained my soul away. Sheesh! The exam scenes in UCSD are an eye-opener too. My SOC143 exam starts at 8am and there are people who happily arrived at 9am. For my SOC118 exam, a few of them came in pretty late. And what's more? They came in with a doughnut on one hand, and a starbucks coffee on another!!! The american exams are free-style. You can come in or leave any time within the 3 hrs time frame (u also dont need to ask for permission or sign out when u go to the restroom). You can bring any food or drink inside, even ur picnic baskets lol. I got back my psychology final grade yesterday. I got 87/100 and my grade is B!!! Argh!! (only scores of 90 & above gets A). Who said that America's exams are easy to score?? Bleh

My last exam was on March 22 and I was scheduled to fly to Georgia Atlanta on the same day! My flight was supposed to depart at abt 3.30 pm, but due to bad weather conditions at Phoenix Arizona airport (where I was making my transfer) it got delayed for a few hours. In the end, I arrived at Georgia at 4.30am (4hrs behind schedule). My poor bro, who had to go work in 4hrs' time, came to pick me up. Luckily, his boss was really nice. My bro usually reaches his office at 8.30am. He emailed his boss whether he could come in an hr later (9.30am). His boss's reply was "No, (and after scrolling down further) come in at 10.30am" Haha! His boss seems pretty cool lol